Join the Team
Hello, it’s very nice to meet you.
If you’re on this page, you already know who we are – an integrated creative agency specializing in a range of services from creative design and branding, photography and film production, and to marketing and PR.
Very Polite has a uniquely dynamic office culture that promotes creative thinking, strategic ideation and collaboration. (We also have a fully-stocked open bar, and if this speaks to you – you’re definitely in the right place).
As an agency, we always want to push the limits of what’s possible and be inspired to deliver our best for each client. Our roster of diverse and innovative work has been featured on various platforms – most recently Dezeen, Creative Boom and Dieline.
Now, it’s your turn. We are always seeking to meet top talent as we continue to expand. All available roles posted below.
Copy and Content Specialist
Very Polite Agency is looking for a Copy and Content Specialist to join our Creative team. In this role, you are responsible for delivering content for both the agency as well as our clients. You develop content strategies to support our team and execute them across digital, print and OOH channels. The person best suited for this role is a thoughtful content strategist, skilled writer, meticulous editor and continuous learner who thrives working cross-functionally. As Copy and Content Specialist, you will support many different parts of the business and are comfortable writing both creative content and functional copy.
- Work with creative team to continually evolve and elevate the internal voice of VP
- Create print and digital content strategies to support our clients’ brand narrative
- Partner closely with the creative, web, photography and PR teams to deliver multi-channel stories that highlight our own brand as well as our clients’ brand and product
- Source and create editorial content for VP’s digital magazine and/or VP website
- Create collaterals to support our clients’ initiatives that might include web copy, campaign copy, event invitations, signage and branded takeaways.
- Maintain industry-standard SEO/SEM strategy throughout all digital copy for maximum amplification
- Maintain deadlines and negotiate alternative plans as needed
- Minimum 2 years experience in writing and content strategy
- Impeccable attention to detail and ability to work within a style guide
- Keen knowledge of blogosphere and competitive landscape (you are a pop culture junkie and word nerd and you have a keen eye for trends)
- Very comfortable giving and receiving feedback
- Proven ability to work with a cross-functional team and collaborate
- Ability to be entrepreneurial, and take initiative
- Results-oriented and process-driven, with high expectations of self and team
Reports to: Director of Brand Experience
Working Team: Creative
Works Closely with: Everyone – we are a tight team
Type: Full time, contract position
Compensation: Let’s talk
Location: Vancouver, BC, Canada
Please apply by responding to the email listed below and attach your resume and writing samples (online portfolio preferred).
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only the shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Thanks and don’t be a stranger!